Monday 26 February 2024

His Welsh Heritage

Yesterday I replaced the leaking water-butt by the garage.

I scraped out the accumulated earth and stuff that was under/beside/around the old water butt, put the stand together and in place, and stood the new water butt on it.

 
As anticipated the top is now much higher than the old one so the down-comer from the gutter won't feed into it.
I now need Will Fixit to:  get a suitably bent feed-in pipe; drill a hole in the lid and fit the feed-in pipe; drill a hole in the side for the overflow pipe (there is one) and fit the overflow pipe so it drips/flows into frogpond #2.  Preferably sometime before we need to start watering stuff.

I asked Thunderthighs to clear all the stuff that was growing in the middle raised beds so that we can plant the ffa.  He also found a lot of last year’s parsnips we missed because of the comfrey, teasles etc. which we had with the Fester cooked roast chicken tea.

By the bower behind Thunderthighs you may be able to see the tete-a-tete daffodils which have come up.  Sadly my waterbutt work meant I trod on a few.  

When I asked how he was getting on he replied 
"Fine; except for the fact you've been trampling on my Welsh heritage."

 

 Ffa – what the Welsh call broad beans and Hannibal Lector called fava beans

No comments:

Post a Comment