Sunday 27 February 2022

History Repeating

From Facebook archives
27 February 2018 at 09:55 ·

Sometimes it's easier to communicate with Ferretfingers in writing. 

This is from yesterday evening.

 ***

The news recently has been causing considerable upset.

 

On Thursday night, just before bedtime, Ferretfingers plonked himself next to me and wailed "I'm upset by the Ukrainian invasion."   

We had a even more noise and stimming (humming, inchoate vocalisation and flapping) than usual before he finally settled down to sleep.  For the first time in years I sat and lay on the bed talking with him to try and calm him down.

Every now and again when he’s on his laptop he'll give a sudden howl of anguish.  When I go to investigate he’s watching some online news channel.

I am powerless to stop him, or to give him much comfort.

Compared to what thousands of people are going through our pain is minimal.

But it’s real pain nonetheless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment