Monday 11 April 2022

Good Husband Material?

Bazoukiboy 1993

I think we’ve known Bazoukiboy since around 1980ish.
He was a rock in our Annus Horribilis 2012, and quite useful before then.

From Facebook archives…

11 April 2009
I’ve just got back from a week in Wales; have just deleted 250 spam emails; am not looking forward to the washing, but am looking forward to the traditional Chinese for tea.
I’m really grateful to Bazoukiboy for painting the bathroom and toilet ceilings and fixing the tiles and sealants while we were away in Wales. 
Thunderthighs has suggested I should marry him.
However when asked
"But what about Daddy?" 
he had no answer
Ms Elswitch   Ha ha ha!  He'd make a better wife than a husband though!
Bentonbag  ... and he washed down the walls and brought David's swimming things in off the washing line.
... and fed the cats.

I think Ms Elswitch was being a little unfair, as I now have a husband who when anything needs doing to the house says “Call Will Fixit”.

Traditional gender roles are somewhat fluid in this house: he does most of the cooking, I do all the driving and most of the gardening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment