Friday 22 April 2022

Which One?

Here's a first.

Whilst I have and will always use my maiden name, the boys have the same surname as their father.

Yesterday afternoon the phone rings, I pick up, local female voice asks "Can I speak to 

Mr <surname redacted> please?"
"Which one?"
A moment's puzzled silence, then "Doctor."
"Ah right, it's just that there's three of them.  FESTER!!   
Who's calling please?"
"Newcastle Medical Centre"
"I'll take you to him."

It was a receptionist calling to remind him to make an appointment to see the nurse-practitioner about his blood pressure.

Thing is, he’d seen the nurse practitioner yesterday morning, and has another appointment in a fortnight's time.
The results of a blood test had come through, his nurse had seen it and discussed it with him, but the receptionist didn’t know that.

I blame the computers...

No comments:

Post a Comment