Sunday 10 April 2022

Overkill Complaints Kill Complaints Page?

Sorry to come back to this but it really annoyed me …
(I am seldom driven to blasphemy)
From Facebook Archives ...
 
10 April 2021 09:17
The BBC has had so many complaints they've had to put up a special page.   
My email address is on it (needless to say).   
But I wonder, after the dust has settled and the counting done, whether we'll get the usual "X million complained but that's only a minority of our viewers so we did ok really."
The Squireen  I am hoping their viewing figures and those of itv hit an all time low
Drummerman  Meanwhile here in Wooler they’ve put up flags and banners along the High Street.  Perhaps we’ve got a secret(?) republican on the parish council...
Now they’re tolling the church bell.  I’m not asking.

10 April 2021 at 22:41

I've just discovered that the BBC page for complaints about the coverage of Philip Mountbatten-Windsor's death is no longer available.
Did it crash?   
Or are they so swamped they no longer want to know?
bbc.co.uk  “Death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - too much coverage on BBC TV | Contact the BBC”
Miss Doozer  Someone complained about the complaints page.

Reacting to yesterday’s blog

Drummerman  Remember someone at work running a book on the Queen Mum’s DOD. The odds were written on a whiteboard which had to be hidden from sensitive visitors. 
(I do know who it was, but I’m not saying!).
Bentonbag  After that farrago I really wish the Queen longevity.  I really couldn't take all the sycophantic jingoistic bull the BBC probably have waiting to go at a moment's notice.  Do you think they now keep a black tie behind some glass just in case?  
And a 'one size fits all' little black dress for the female presenters?
Christ only knows how scruffy Johnson would look at the funeral if she didn't outlive his premiership.
Drummerman  Please let her! (And the rest of us).

No comments:

Post a Comment