Saturday 9 April 2022

On The Anniversary of the Death of HRH Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh

Hold onto your hats, it’s going to be a bumpy ride

From Facebook archive, with many expletives

9 April 2021 12.50

Royalists should not read on ...
I walked into town to put some Ernie cheques into Barclays (3milesish).  
Metro home.  
Let myself in and sit in the rocker to recover from my exertions.   
Fester comes down, sweeps into the living room, looks at me and announces 
"Prince Philip's dead."  
Then "Bargain Hunt is off", in disgust.   
"Even the rolling cricket commentary is off", with even more disgust.  
"He was 99 for f*cks sake!  What the f*ck did they expect him to do?  The f*cking Macarena?  If they cancel Pointless Thunderthighs will be livid."   
Then a little later "One thing about Covid, we'll be spared a f*cking great funeral."
Now we are in the office "For f*cksake cat get off the f*cking computer. I don't know what you want. I wish you did."
And now "I don't know what you're sitting on cat but I wish you weren't, it's driving it f*cking nutty."
Mrs JD  You have me in stitches!!!!
Miss Doozer  A response in the fine tradition of Phil Mountbatten himself
Sheamus Murphy  Mrs Murphy and I had a similar chat (but rather less swearing!) 
The BBC's chief Royal sycophant reporter is in his element
Bentonbag  "Nicholas Witchell isn't it? Watching that my f*cking blood pressure would go through the f*cking roof!" 
I recently purchased a blood pressure testing machine. Shall we try it?
I just said brightly "We might get a day off for the funeral."
"That's all we f*cking want, another f*cking day off."
Miss Doozer  To be fair, I wouldn't mind a f*cking day off...
Sheamus Murphy  Possibly the one sentiment you, me, Fester and the Prince of Wales share:
"At a press conference at the Swiss ski resort of Klosters, Witchell asked Charles, Prince of Wales, how he and his sons were feeling about his forthcoming marriage to Camilla Parker Bowles. After a response from his son Prince William, the Prince of Wales said under his breath, and referring to Witchell: "These bloody people. I can't bear that man. 
I mean, he's so awful, he really is.""
Bentonbag  And now we've had a text from Thunderthighs 
"Is Pointless on tonight and if so, which channel and what time?"  
I replied "Don't know, sorry".  
It's going to be squally around teatime.
Miss Doozer  Looks like they've blocked out the BBC1 schedule so it might be on BBC2 if anywhere.
Bentonbag  I didn't tell him we'd looked at the BBC1 schedule and it's 'continued coverage following the death' from now until breakfast time.  And it looks the same on BBC2.  And it will be almost exactly the same on the News channel. Thank God for Talking Pictures TV (Sky 328 Freeview 81 Freesat 306 Virgin 445) and the Tivo box.
Oh joy BBC1, 2 and News channel all covering this continuously from now until breakfast time.   
Thank God for Tivo.
The Squireen  Why on all channels, it doesn’t make sense
Sheamus Murphy  And on Twitter (in case you missed it!)
Miss Fiddle  And all the BBC and other radio stations... 
Sheamus Murphy  Quick, go here before Thunderthighs gets upset!  Pointless, Series 25: Episode 3: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ty96 via @bbciplayer
Bentonbag  Thanks but we saw that yesterday.
English Master  Gardening with Carol Klein Channel 5 now!
Bentonbag  I'm not that desperate, I've 39 episodes of Say Yes To The Dress on the tivobox.
Mr E Twin  And ITV by the look of it
Mrs DeLune  I suppose if people gather in London Phillip will kinda get his wish to come back as a fatal virus ...
Drummerman  Not quite sure what the developing news story is: “99 year old dies - still dead”.
Mrs A Net  Feeling the same the Archers was cancelled
Bentonbag  Dear God No!  Let's hope they don't forget and cancel the Today programme or the nuclear subs will start firing.
Mrs Leftfoot  I've just come in from work and read this...what a laugh. It's the way you tell 'em. X
Bentonbag  Thank you - I think ... 
Mrs Leftfoot  Laughing with you, never at you. I managed to miss it all as I was working a later shift...

9 April 2021 18:26

I've just scanned all my facebook archives (since 2009) and it appears I've never posted anything on 10 April. Goodness know what I'll put in tomorrow's blog.  All I have is Fester's reaction to Philip Windsor's passing and that's a bit too strong for immediate regurgitation.
Drummerman  Don’t think he took her indoors’ name on marriage, so probably really Mountbatten né Battenberg...
Kingsmen Cameraman  Mountbatten since 1947, previously named Glücksburg - which must have been tricky while in the Royal Navy during WW2.

No comments:

Post a Comment