Monday 12 December 2022

Celebrating Surprise

Sometimes you work really hard for things.
 
Once in a while they just drop in your lap.
From Facebook Archives 
12 December2017 at 15:09 
Just been to West Monkseaton to put up Woodlawn Xmas Pudding Fun Run posters.   
In the OneStop shop the manager asked if I worked at Woodlawn.   
Warily (hoping no pupils had done something) I explained I was part of the Parents & Friends Association.
"It's just I've got two hampers to give away to local good causes and I wanted to give one to Woodlawn."
So I phoned the school straight away and asked them to send someone down.
Then she asked 
"Do you know of any old people's homes nearby?" 
So I told her about the two I know of in West Monkseaton but added 
"I'm also a volunteer with LD:NorthEast." 
and explained what we did and how some of our older clients have no family to give them gifts. 
Ended up having my photo taken with a hamper which I've just delivered to LD:NorthEast's offices in Wallsend. 
Mrs Lasagne  Well done Ben !  So is that 1st prize raffle xx 
Bentonbag   No 
Woolerwoman  Well done you! That's brilliant, what a nice shop too! 
Bentonbag  We spend so much time and effort asking people for stuff it's wonderful when someone offers donations.  It made my day. 
Polyrunner  Great work Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment