Saturday 3 December 2022

Words A Mother Loves To Hear

Before I had children, an older work colleague (male) once told me the most wonderful words in the world were “Daddy I want a weewee.”
These come quite high for me.
From Facebook archives
3 December 2021 at 11:57
"Mum, how do you turn the iron on?"
Words a mother loves to hear.
No Hextol work experience today and Thunderthighs has run out of facemasks so I've got him the teatowels and his facemasks, hankies and 7 t-shirts to see him through the week.  
In the fullness of time I shall train him in the dark arts of jeans and hoodies.   
As the central heating is on morning and evening, underwear is drying off on radiators so ironing undies is suspended until spring and line drying.
I am now going to prepare next year's year planner for the office wall.
By the way I can hear him laughing at Wheel of Fortune so he's quite happy.
Woolerwoman  Glad he's a bit better!  When he's fully trained on shirts, he could earn a good living - I'll bring them along.
Bentonbag  For the first time in decades I'm not colouring school/college holidays into the year planner!  Bank Holidays are shaded pink and weekends yellow.
BTW Mrs Leftfoot- I think after our away-weekend we've caught up on the missing months.
Mrs Leftfoot  Are you trying to tell me you don't want to see me for the rest of the year?!!
Bentonbag  Heaven forfend! Though I'm not sure how we'll fit it in.
Bentonbag  He ironed every one of his t-shirts on the laundry mountain, which should keep him going a few weeks (he has loads of t-shirts); which makes my life a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment