Wednesday 30 November 2022

Winter Pilgrimage

 


In the Autumn of 2019 Mr and Mrs Drummerman retired to a cottage in North Northumberland. 

Their housewarming party gave me the opportunity to have a pleasant night away from home, and a sparkling morning walk.

The area has been inhabited since the Stone Age and the ancients' Neolithic barrows and standing stones still watch over us.

 


1 December 2019

Last night I enjoyed the Drummermans' housewarming party.   
Rather than drive home late, and to have the choice to drink, I booked a bed in the Noble Lands in Wooler: which also meant I could make a winter pilgrimage to Duddo Stones.
I had a wonderful peaceful time, just me and the Stones and the quiet sounds of nature.

According to the car it was -3o.

Someone had been through this icy patch before me.

It was a quarter of an inch thick, and almost bore my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment