Monday 21 November 2022

Operation Fireplace Part Two: The Cluttering

Further to yesterday’s blog

When Fester and I went to choose the tiles we were warned the ones we wanted were produced in Portugal and would take up to seven weeks to deliver.

Having lived with a fireplace I didn’t like for over thirty years another couple of months didn’t bother me.
From Facebook Archives
 No photo description available.

21 November 2019 at 12:54 ·

Just for you Bazoukiboy (and Mrs Leftfoot)
Operation Clutter Completed.
I think I actually managed to get more on ...
The tiles are chosen and ordered but may take a while so I thought I'd get on with it.
One of the brass Welsh ladies bells' clapper fell off as I was moving her: trying to screw it back in I was amused to discover she was Made In England.  Shades of Max Boyce's "Little Welsh doll made in Hong Kong."
Bess Cavalier  Looking good.
Hagrid  Three things there that were integral to my childhood.
Firstly, the toasting forks.  Most people I meet these days think toast and the toaster were both willed into existence at the same time.  Poor souls.
Secondly, the candle stick on the left.  I had to Brasso two just like it exactly for a few years during the late 70s early 80s. 😊
Horse brasses, I worked in a pub which had loads to polish alongside the brass drip trays.  I have an affection for them.
All looks lovely. X
Bentonbag  The horse brasses belonged to my father and were passed onto me by my brother "for when the boys can appreciate them".  They are the badges of the RAF, Royal Observer Corps, Bomber Command and RAF Regiment.
The knitting lady to the left of the clock was an 18th birthday present and plays Lara's Theme from Dr Zhivago.
The ceramic Welsh knitting lady to the right once held an egg timer and had Mumbles printed on her base: she was on my Granma's fireplace for as long as I can remember.  As was the clock, which is in dire need of repair since Ferretfingers got hold of it.
Bazoukiboy  Much better:-)
Mrs Leftfoot  Looks really good.  I am trying to de-clutter before Christmas but I seem to be going backwards.
No photo description available.
The tiles arrived in time for Christmas.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment