Sunday 13 November 2022

Dulcie Domum Once More

Cullercoats fishwife costume created by Mrs Quilt.
Since Googling I now know that Dulcie Domum is a Sue Limb creation not a Posy Simmons character but, to be honest, I don't care and both references work.

From Facebook Archives
13 November 2021 at 10:18
I've reached a point in the Xmas knitting where I'm working with black wool, which needs good, preferably day, light.  So the plan for today is to sit in the bay window and get on with it. 
I have a few podcasts and BBC7 things to listen to.  There is, of course, always the ironing, hoovering or gardening if I get fed up.
Yesterday I had an email from Mrs Quilt asking me to pass it on to my re-enacting costume expert friend Bess Cavalier, with a question about the suitability and making of a 'housecoat' from a white woollen blanket for Mr Quilt to wear whilst taking part in a display at
Not for the first time I wondered whether anyone else gets the feeling they're living in a Posy Simmons column.  If you're not a Guardian reader of a certain age you won't get the reference, but some of you will. 
Mrs Quilt  Mr Quilt is a late 70s man sitting in effectively a stone shed demonstrating quilting, far more suited to a warm drawing room.  He can't sit in his Georgian Caped coat and needs a warm substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment