Saturday 19 November 2022

AND not ING

🚩BEWARE ADULT CONTENT AND RUDERY

My greyblue eyes are sensitive to sunlight so I used to wear sunglasses most of the year, especially when driving.  Now I wear glasses I solve the problem of glare by wearing a hat outdoors, and keep a brimmed one in the car as the visor is too high to protect a short person’s eyes against low winter sun 

(a trick I learnt off the diminutive Pearl).

Yesterday I went off to LDNE’s knit’n’natter wearing my tweed hat and jacket, brown cord skirt, thick black tights, maroon blouse, brown and red v neck jumper and red woollen scarf.  As I walked into the building one of the staff said, in a complimentary way

“Oh you look just like Vera.”

Another member of staff had brought in her grandson’s bichon puppy, a bundle of wriggly white curls, to meet the ladies, who made a huge fuss of him.

The CEO came in and said  "We're going to have a Dog and Cake session.   

So many of the staff have puppies and our service users love seeing them.  Think Cat Cafe but with puppies.  There'll be tea and cake and we'll charge £3 or something."

Which would have been all well and good only I misheard the "and" as "ing" and was in fits of giggles in a corner.

Then, of course, I had to explain why I was laughing.

When Constance asked what the word meant I chickened out with "Oh it's very rude."

There are some things our ladies need to not know.

Naturally I recorded this on facebook, whereupon Miss Doozer sent me this link

To which I replied with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u4hAxi5b6o


No comments:

Post a Comment