Wednesday 9 November 2022

Resolving A Technical Issue

From Facebook Archives

9 November 2014 at 23:04 
OK my techie friends here's one for you. 
Ferretfingers has played an old Cat-in-the-Hat cdrom in his laptop and now the visible screen won't go any bigger than a 3"x4" rectangle in the middle. 
We've only just got the damn thing back from Monkseaton Computers; who express great admiration at Ferretfingers's ability to download so much stuff and so many viruses in so short a time. 
Any clues or ideas on how to get it to show a full screen again?
Pink Kitchen  Float will, I'd have thought!
Float  Thanks for your confidence Pink! If he's using 'DOSBox' to emulate the old Dos then to switch to full screen mode you need to press Alt-Enter. Good luck!
Bentonbag  Well, I tried that and nothing.  However I then fumbled my way into control panel and screen resolution and moved it up to the highest level and Wham Bam the screen filled the screen again.  Laptop still full of crap and slow as molasses in a snowstorm ....

💻🖥🖳

I have no idea what DOSBox or Dos means, and have no desire to find out.

Similar stories to this can be found at:-

No comments:

Post a Comment