Friday 4 November 2022

The Working Man

We started taking the boys to see the Bonfire Night Fireworks at Novos Rugby Club around 2001.  Ferretfingers decided the noise and crowd was too much for him sometime in his teens, so for some years it's been just Thunderthighs and me.  
Last night I asked Thunderthighs if he wanted to go over tomorrow evening.  There was a little wrinkling of the nose and a "Not really Mum."  
Another era ends.
From Facebook Archives when Thunderthighs was a paperboy.
4 November 2015 at 20:41 
Bringing Thunderthighs home from college this afternoon I suggested that tomorrow night we might go from college to 
He refused. 
I offered to buy him a hot dog, crisps or whatever. 
He still refused and, before I could say anything else, countered with 
"But Mum, I have to be up at 7 for work."
The Squireen  He can come to Novos it is nearer and probably earlier
Bentonbag  College doesn't finish 'til 8 so we'd be late.  First year for a long time we'll miss.
The Squireen  That's a shame

No comments:

Post a Comment