Friday 30 December 2022

Post-Christmas Shopping

I'm not sure when it started but 'doing Shields Road charity shops' has become something Thunderthighs and I do together in the betwixt time between Christmas and New Year. Yesterday, after using up the Sainsbury's extra Nectar points vouchers before they ran out, we took ourselves down to Byker and bought next years Christmas cards in Marie Curie and Barnardo's, as well as quite a few birthday cards and two facemasks.

From Facebook Archives
30 December 2010 at 13:26  
I've bought all next year's Christmas cards half price or less in Shields Rd Barnardo's, Scope and PDSA. All variations on the Nativity too which have been getting increasingly rare in the past few years
Mrs Jeremy  I never manage to get bargains like that, perhaps the fact that I stay away from the sales has something to do with it....

30 December 2010 at 14:54  
Busy day - just taken Ferretfingers to the barbers; he was looking even more Thelwell pony than usual this morning.  
Hendersons greengrocers had parsnip, mushroom, clementines and limes at 50p a bag.  Fester's thinking of making clementine and lime marmalade.  I'm thinking of g'n'ts. 
Mrs Jeremy I'm with you there Ben, but maybe something else instead of the g and t. 
Bentonbag vodka? 
Mrs Jeremy Yes, or even Bacardi! 
Bentonbag  In the 1950s my mother used to drink dry sherry and lime; I've never tried it.  Once in the RAF Sergeants Mess in Germany she ordered one and the barman gave her three glasses of sherry and a lime cordial. 
Mrs Jeremy Not liking the sound of sherry and lime...

No comments:

Post a Comment