Wednesday 14 December 2022

Body Image

From Facebook Archives
14 December 2018 at 09:43 ·
For my younger friends.

 

I never liked photographs of myself.
Now I look back on photos forty years old

and think
"You were actually quite good looking.
Why did you believe you weren't?"
Now I look at myself, 

in photos and elsewhere, 

and think
"It's all downhill from here kid
This is as good as it's going to be"
And do you know?
I'm quite happy with it.

 

Mrs Poet you'll be able to judge whether that is a poem or just rambling prose. 

Mrs Poet  It’s very positive and it is a poem.🌷


Honorable Lady  You are a very good-looking woman now and must have turned heads in your youth.  Shame you lacked confidence in yourself. xxx  

Bentonbag  Thank you  

Honorable Lady  But it’s also your intellect and wit that shine too xxx  

Cousin Daisy  So true quite a gal young BenπŸŽΆπŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment