Following on from Thursday’s blog.
Regular
readers will remember that last week I visited the Marie Curie shop in Wallsend Forum, and the
St Oswald’s Hospice and Salvation Army shops on Chillingham
Road.
This Friday I had another trip into
the Forum (for fruit for the knit’n’natter ladies) and found a short sleeved
white cotton shirt and v-neck Cotton Traders’ t-shirt in the almost empty MarieCurie shop, for a pound each.
Yesterday morning I went up
to FourLaneEnds for Ferretfingers’ prescription and took the opportunity to look around while I was up there.
I took a bag of rags to St Oswald's and bought
two paperbacks (Ian Rankin and PDJames).
Popped into Benton Cat & Dog Shelter Shop and found another pair of
cool summer trousers (£5!).
Then I discovered
the pharmacy was shut so it had been an unnecessary journey.
But
I had the hwyl so, when I got home, I dragged the suitcase of things-that-may-be-useful-sometime
out from under the bed.
Two pairs of
shorts and three pairs of trousers, which will only fit me in the unlikely event
that I lose 4 stone, went into the bag.
Next I got everything out from the top of my wardrobe.
Any garments I want to keep for sentimental
reasons are now in the suitcase back under the bed.
I tried on all the trousers, jeans and
jeggings, and those which I would have to lose more than half a stone to fit into
went into the bag.
As did some tops
which I’d kept in case they ‘came in handy’.
There
are now at least a dozen pairs of trousers for all seasons in the wardrobe, as
well as a good half dozen pairs of leggings, and some shorts.
Not to mention dungarees, hoodies and
swimsuits.
The aim is to launder the
garments on the chairdrobe when they need it, or the weather dictates they can
no longer be worn, and put them away tidy up there until they come back into season.
At least now there’s some room.
There
are two and a half Sainsbury’s bags waiting to go up the road.
Half way through the proceedings Fester decided to come up for a lie down, but I was not put off and continued to sort things out around his recumbent posture.
Middlesister
would be proud of me.
POST SCRIPT
The blue short sleeved shirt I got last week was far too big for me (must have been mis-sized) however it fits Fester, who has only just learnt that women's garments button up on the other side.
"What's the point of that?"
You might well ask.
Do you want to know? I can’t remember the name of the cross street six houses down but extinct information like the buttoning of male or female garments is readily available!!!
ReplyDeleteYes please.
Delete