Saturday, 8 August 2026

Cushion Question

There was nothing in the archives for yesterday, and I had a busy morning, and afternoon.

From Facebook Archives
8 August 2023 at 09.30
Having a bit of a search and sort out I've discovered I have half a dozen clean, unused looking, cushions without covers.   
I suspect they came from Sheffield and were an abandoned craft project of Jean's (my would have been mother in law had she lived).  
I have no need of them. 
Any ideas?   
Free to good home...
Mrs Quilt  Check out if they're fire safety labelled.  Try one of them to use the stuffing for teddies and anything else produced at Knit n natter. Does LDNE teach sewing?  There was a desperate need for draft excluders from the Centre in Shiremoor last year.  
I could probably find you upholstery cloth to use for the cases. Otherwise a cat shelter?
Bentonbag  Actually I have some curtains that would do the job if you could send me the dimensions.
Mrs Quilt  I could send you my instructions to make cushion covers.  Overlapped backs so no need of zips or other fastenings.  That would leave the cushion inners intact so a quicker useful product to make a bleak home a bit more homely!
Bentonbag  Cushion covers and 'housewife' pillow cases I learnt to do at home as I come from a long line of repair/reuse/recyclers (Bigsister made our Scrabble bag out of the last bit of Granma's curtains).  It's the length, circumference and ends of draft excluders that I need.  If I were to cover the cushions where would be a good home for them?
Pink Shipskitchen  Cat and Dog Shelter possibly


 

No comments:

Post a Comment