For many years at least one, and more often both, of the cats has shared the bed with us.
But
since the beginning of the heatwaves they have chosen to stay out of the
bedroom.
This
may have something to do with Fester throwing Teddy at my head and then closing
the bedroom door, shutting him out, when he was getting particularly rumbunctious one hot midsummer night.
In
fact I don’t think I’ve even seen either of them upstairs for weeks.
Not
even on the windowsills surveying the surroundings.
I
must admit I’ve slept better not having to negotiate lying around sleeping
cats, trying to stop Felix from lying on my face, having one hurled at me with
expletives in the wee small hours, or being disturbed by the expletives being
hurled at the cat.
However...
At
06.45 this morning I was awoken by a raucous “Mrrraww”.
Opened
my eyes to discover Felix standing on my pillow.
As
I write he is curled up on Fester’s beard.
Something
tells me Autumn is coming.

No comments:
Post a Comment