Sunday, 16 August 2026

Snippets Of Surburban Life

From Facebook Archives

16 August 2010 at 14:12

Thunderthighs has dropped the microwave plate and it's in six pieces in the bin (18 years old so it owes me nowt). 
Anyone know where I can get a new one? 
I think I've seen them in charity shops. 
In the meantime we're using a dinner plate but that's probably not ideal.
The Squireen  I might have one somewhere I will have a look
Bentonbag  Many thanks - how was Broadstairs?
The Squireen  Good
Tylebach  ebay possibly?
Mrs Banjoman  Kwik Kook North Shields (Yellow Pages)  Happened to us while back.  Replace glass cost about £10 from this guy who had every kind of glass replace in the back of his car.
The Squireen  Sorry can’t find it
(I had a rummage in the crockery from Blodfa and found a pyrex plate of Mother’s that fit the bill perfectly)
16 August 2011 at 16:27
Have just picked 2lb of crab-apples from the tree in the back garden.

16 August 2013 at 13:03

Ferretfingers is back from his second National Citizen Scheme residential and what's the first thing he does?   
Checks the recycling bin to make sure his naughty Mummy hasn't got rid of any more of his humoungous collection of catalogues, phonebooks, brochures, timetables and other leaflets.
Miss Fiddle  Did he find any?!
Bentonbag Not this time

16 August 2013 at 23:38
Borrowed Ferretginfers’ laptop to look at Twitter (Fester was on this machine) when I said he could have it back he picked it up from my knee and said "Thanks Ma"

Ma!  

I've never thought of myself as a "Ma"

Darklady  It comes to us all even those of me who has been called by my given name since the year dot by my children.    
Does make one wince though! Smiles X

16 August 2020 at 22.15

I like to take a little night air in the garden before coming up to bed.  
Glad I took my torch tonight as I came across a hedgehog up by the pond.  
S/he's about a foot long and three or four inches wide, and stayed perfectly still.  
I politely said "Good Evening Hedgepig" and continued my stroll.   
There's plenty of windfalls, snails, slugs and scattered birdfood to keep it going.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment