| This morning... |
From
Facebook Archives
5 August
2025 at 15.37
On
my birthday last year Mrs Quilt gave me an orchid which flowered for over three
months, until after Christmas.
After a
judicious prune I put it on the bathroom shelf (humid with bright indirect
sunlight) watered it carefully, weekly, with a little BabyBio after the Spring
Equinox.
Today I brought it back down
into the living room as the next lot of buds are about to burst.
There
are now two 'rescue' orchids on the bathroom shelf, and Cousin Daisy's orchid
on the kitchenwindowsill; two looking as if they're preparing to flower and one
with two babies on its stem.
Tylebach
Stunning
Mrs Lasagne I love
orchids xx
Mrs Quilt I’m thrilled with that. It was the best specimen in IKEA, even though
I wasn’t sure about the colour. Well
done caring for it so well throughout your worrying year. XXX
Bentonbag Actually it
was a nice little positive distraction. Just 3 seconds of water on a Sunday. Noticing things develop, watching it grow,
anticipating what might happen next. It's
even been an opportunity for conversation between me and Fester! xxx
Mrs Quilt Actually I
feel stupidly tearful!
Cousin
Daphne You deffo have green fingers
xxx
Henlady Well done x
AND TODAY
Sadly, due to secret
surreptitious overwatering in the living room by Ferretfingers, Cousin Daisy’s
orchid is no more.
The white
rescue orchid, which flowered wonderfully last year, also succumbed to
Ferretfingers' attentions. I took off and potted up the two babies (keikis) on the other rescue. One now has a single wonderful dark magenta flower on a little
stalk, the other is biding its time. The mother plant isn’t looking
too good but I’m keeping it just to see what happens next.
Mrs Quilt’s orchid on
the other hand has bloomed beautifully again.
It is staying on the bathroom shelf, reflected in the mirror, where it
cheers me up every morning.
All four plants are
staying safely in the bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment