Tuesday, 4 August 2026

One Wet And Windy Monday

From Facebook Archives

4 August 2025 at 09.00

Best way to start a wet Monday morning.

In celebration of Yorkshire Day, here's 82 seconds of Sean Bean saying "bastard" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE8d-uGmIWk

A (naked) Fester has just come into the office asking 
"Is that Seen Been you had on?"
“Yes.”
"I thought it was Thunderthighs."
Mrs Bun  LOVE a bit of Sean Bean.....any bit
Bentonbag  Any bit in particular?
Mrs Bun  Well.........

4 August 2025 at 14.53

Storm Floris is bringing down loads of apples and firing them all over the garden.   
Seriously you could get crowned by one.
Every time I go out into the garden I bring another armful in.
Fester has peeled cored and is stewing them.
We have had a little chat about what may or may not be in the freezer.
It's a very drying day, because it's warm as well as windy, so I suggested Thunderthighs hang his washing out.  
Next thing I know there's a cry of "MU-UM".
The washing line broke.
He actually needed to be told to take his washing off it 
(are all young men numpties or just mine?).
We've now had fun dragging the old wooden clothes horse out and onto the top landing.
I've left him to it.
The metal ones from Sheffield keep dropping bits of plastic and are going into the garage. 
Fester thinks we might use them "to grow things up" next year.
He's also asking me where to buy a new washing line as it's impossible for him to actually look or ask someone in a shop.
Squireen  I have a washing line you can have
Bentonbag  I wondered why my mother's washing line never snapped - 
then I remembered hers was made from signal wire recycled/reused/scavenged when Talley Road Halt was closed (or elsewhere on the Heart of Wales Line).


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment