Thursday, 20 August 2026

Bear With Me

When a charity is donated wool then one feels one ought to make something sellable with it.

Here’s a discussion about one idea.

From Facebook Archives

20 August 2019 at 21:17
Thank you Ms O’Groats for the loan of the Build-A-Bears.
I've already learnt that their website is not exactly correct when it says they fit new-born baby clothes.  The sleeves would be far too long and they're long in the body too - apart from anything else the tail is covered.  
So I wonder if waistcoats and matching bow ties might be in order.  Or perhaps short sleeved angel tops for a more girly look. 
Thoughts?
Kentishlady  Is this for a particular event?  
When Kentishlad was small, he had a Build-A-Bear.  I made a kilt and jacket for it and a tam’o’shanter.  It had bag pipes too, but I can't remember if I made them.  Did do a border morris kit too.
Bentonbag  No, I'm trying to think of pocket-money-priced things to make for charity craft stall, so I'm thinking dolly or teddy clothes.
Kentishlady  Waistcoats and hats?  You could make hats with openings for the ears for the teddy bears.  Isaac's bear had some sweaters made from left over yarn.
Bentonbag  Do you have any opinion about shorts/knickers with tail vents at the back?  The pattern I'd use has the seam up the back so it would be easy to leave an opening for the tail.
Kentishlady I think that would work.
Mrs Quilt  I think just short boyish waistcoats and girlie Angel tops.  You want to appeal to pester power to bring in the cash!  It's for a great cause.

See Also https://bentonbag.blogspot.com/2021/08/bear-waistcoat.html

There will be no blog tomorrow and the day after as I shall be up and out early both days for knit’n’natter and to help on an LDNE bottle stall at a 5k Inflatable Obstacle Course at Gosforth Racecourse.  

Last week I was schmoozing a potential funder at LDNE's Feel Good Festival on Wednesday and scrubbing tables at Springfield Community Centre on the Thursday.   
All part of life’s rich tapestry or, according to Thunderthighs, “ways of getting away from your family.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment