Saturday 20 June 2020

Estate Agents & Dentists

Facebook post 21 June 2016


This morning I had 3 phone calls from estate agents asking for Ferretfingers.
He's not only asked to view a flat, he's also asked for a valuation on this house.
All on websites of course.

Surprisingly (or maybe not) only the girl from Bowes Mitchell had the courtesy to introduce herself properly when I answered the 'phone.
The others just asked for Ferretfingers.

The Bowes Mitchell girl understood immediately when I explained Ferretfingers' autism and obsessions: laughed and said "Oh I've got an autistic nephew, it's fine."

I'm developing a spiel "Ferretfingers is autistic, he's currently obsessed with property websites and this is not his house to sell, it's mine"

One of the others asked dimly "So you won't be wanting a valuation?”
Seeing as the dim two didn't tell me where they were from I can't tell you which estate agents to avoid.

Ferretfingers had his check up at the dentist this afternoon.
I went in with him (which was preternaturally maternal of me as I’m phobic about dentists).
No holes, needed no fillings, but tartar on the lip side of his lower front teeth.
"So shall we make another appointment, or shall you do it now?" I asked nervously.
"I think we shall try doing it now" says the dentist.
And Ferretfingers sat perfectly still and compliant throughout the whiney scrapey hissey sucky session.

Amazing

He constantly surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment