Friday 19 June 2020

The Good The Bad And The Refreshing

Sometimes Facebook Memories are like busses, nothing for ages then three at once.

20 June 2012 at 16:43 ·

Big shop this afternoon.  Emptied bags onto kitchen counter.  Had cup of tea watching Countdown. Ferretfingers came home, went into kitchen, heard rustling in freezer in hall.  He's only gone and put all the shopping away, in the right places too, which is more than his father can achieve.  And there was me thinking he was stuffing his face with ham and chocolate mousse toasted sandwiches :}

20 June 2012 at 20:42

It's amazing what a bollocking will do!

Thunderthighs called his brother the unacceptable word this evening and was taken to task (loudly) by his father and told to get out of his sight.  Since then he has: posted a letter for me; emptied and replenished the litter tray; emptied all the wastepaper bins into the rubbish bin; helped fill the recycling bin; put both bins out on the pavement; and come with me to feed next door's cats - all most willingly and with no complaint.
Sienna Pond Haha good lad Thunderthighs! Lesson learned I think! I must ask, what was the word? Xxx
Bentonbag The C word. I had to explain to him what it meant and why it was unacceptable. And heard myself saying "where did you learn that word?"  
Managed to stop myself from saying "you never hear your father or me using language like that", mainly because I'm not entirely certain it's true.  Twat is used regularly to describe various people (mainly but not exclusively Tory politicians) but even Fester and I draw the line somewhere.
STBeverbrook  A perfectly good, absolutely original and uncorrupted English word used right up to the 18th century without any offensive value to anyone. I'll probably be more shocked if I can get my hands on a Welsh-English dictionary and find out what you've been calling me all these past years.

20 June 2012 at 20:59 ·

A long gin'n'tonic and NCIS are calling ...

Strawangel <clink> enjoy xx
Mrs Jeremy Sounds like you definitely need the drink, Benton!

No comments:

Post a Comment