Monday 29 June 2020

Fayre Memory

In a normal year, today I would be recovering from and clearing up the aftermath of a school Summer Fair.  These normally land on the last Saturday of June.  This was how the day went one year.

29 June 2013 at 08:37 ·

To Treefield Summer Fayre - hope the weather holds, hope lots of people come and spend lots of money as we've lots of lovely stuff to get rid of

29 June 2013 at 16:58 ·

My feet ache after standing and selling raffle tickets for almost 3 hours non-stop.  Nice to see Bernard and dog - sorry you didn't win anything.  Went well, at least no major dramas or disasters.  Should find out how much we made on Monday

Bernard No worries & cool. Got a box of cupcakes for the Cumby staff tonight 😀

Bentonbag Confession time - someone brought a tin of cupcakes for the raffle AFTER we'd finished drawing it - so we drew another ticket but the person wasn't there - then we looked in the tin (it wasn't sealed) and decided that they would have gone off by Monday which was the soonest we could get them to him (and he'd already won something) so the committee and hardest working helpers hid in the office and ate them ... Is there an emoticon for naughty but nice?

29 June 2013 at 22:44 ·

So I asked Ferretfingers what he wants to do tomorrow, would he like to go to the seaside?  His reply "Mummy is very tired - I'm going to Tynemouth Market with Daddy."

So that's only two days' washing up, a load of washing to put in and hang out, and 3 loads of washing to iron then ...

29 June 2013 at 22:59 ·

I thought by being out all day I'd escape the weekly torment of the Guardian quiz - but no. Just gone in the bedroom to find the magazine on my pillow - and I'm pretty sure he's taken the crossword puzzle into the bath with him and will spring that on me too at bedtime.
I'd feign sleep but no-one can sleep through him bellowing at Ferretfingers to come up to bed.
Good night, sweet dreams.

Bentonbag (the next morning)  And after all that the bastard snored all night (despite the CPAP going full blast) so much that I took my pillow and duvet and camped out on Ferretfingers's bedroom floor.  He's now done the washing up whilst I reclined on the chaiselongue eating breakfast bacon butties, drinking coffee and reading a Maigret - and I don't feel in the least bit guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment