Tuesday 2 June 2020

Mind Your Head #3 Sheffield

As you may know, dear reader, I’m recycling a blog originally posted in another place in January 2011.  That blog was quite long so I’ve split it into three.  This third part follows on from yesterday’s episode where Fester walked into the back of a road-sign, slicing his head open and requiring eight staples.  Now read on …


About a week after Fester had had the staples removed we drove to Sheffield for a long weekend to visit his brother and to take the boys to Crich Tramway Museum.

On Sunday afternoon we went for a nice long ride on Sheffield's trams - all the way from Crystal Peaks to Meadowhall and back. This meant changing trams in Sheffield city centre.  Coming back we changed at Cathedral Square.

Each tram stop is marked with a great big white sign with the station name in 2ft high black letters, set on two posts about 5ft 10inches above the ground. When our tram arrived Fester
("I was only looking where my feet were going")
decided to walk between the posts instead of around them. 

Fortunately the signs are made of some sort of polyurethane so he only scraped the top layer of skin off.

"Is it bleeding?" he asked as I passed him a hanky.
I was too annoyed to reply and didn’t trust myself to speak to him for quite some time.

My Auntie Ed (may the Good Lord rest her soul) once said "Eee you must have done something awful in a previous life"

I only hope I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment