Tuesday 16 June 2020

Swings & Roundabouts

Back to Facebook Memories

I loved my Fiat Multipla, aka the big blue frog, and kept it until the MOT recommendations ran to two pages and I had to have the floor under the handbrake welded back on.  Every now and then something would go wrong, or appear to do so because it told lies.  It once broke down half way across a traffic lit cross roads and I had to be rescued by a couple of hefty Geordies driving a white van.

Luckily we live five minutes walk away from Kwikfit

16 June 2016 at 17:11 ·

The rear-windscreen-wiper-blade on the Multipla needed changing and the lads at Kwikfit said they couldn't get the part, but to go to the FIAT dealership who might have it in stock, or would order it.

"If they try and charge you for fitting it bring it here and we'll do it for nowt" says the Kwikfit lad.

Yesterday I went to Richard Hardie, ordered the part and asked what it would cost to fit, seeing as Kwitfit had offered to do it free.

"£9" said the lass.

Hardly a bank breaker so I ordered the part and said I'd bring the car over when it was in.

I had a look at the nut and, seeing as it was rusty gave it a good blast or three of WD40 yesterday evening.

When I was out at the dentist they rang (in all morning in case of course) and I took the car over about two.
45 minutes later it was done.
"No charge" says the receptionist "He finally got it off, and you gave it plenty of WD40".

On the other hand ....


The dentist says I need 3 fillings and a crown.
Or rather one filling and "Those teeth on the left don't actually need doing unless they are causing you problems."
Think of me next Tuesday as I am a terribly nervous patient.

My much loved Multipla at Dunnett Head, the furthest North it ever went.


No comments:

Post a Comment