Tuesday 14 July 2020

Bastille Day Bouquet

We have just got back from what is probably the first of many visits with Ferretfingers to the new St Oswald's Hospice Shop next to Aidan House newsagents. If I can keep his visits down to once a week it'll be a miracle.
I must confess the family has subsequently been mostly dressed by the St Oswald's Hospice Shop. A lot of our luggage and some furniture has come from there too.

The tv in the living room appears to have died (it came via my brother from Dad's room in the care home when he could no longer appreciate it).
Thank goodness we have a spare in Mrs Quilt’s old kitchen one.
The next half hour will find me swearing and getting sweaty and dusty getting all the cables out of the old one and into the new.
Mrs Exlibris What a shame we're not nearer we seem to have a garage full of TV's!
Bentonbag The one in the boys room is a Murphy portable bought by my Dad so that he could watch the 1974 World Cup in peace in the front room - black&white, going strong, I'll be really annoyed when they switch off the analogue signal.
Mrs Exlibris Our analogue signal went months ago, that's why we've got loads of tv's in the garage!
Bentonbag Silly isn't it. What a waste of resources! Why has no-one come up with a SCART to co-axial plug/thingy to go from the digibox to the telly? And if someone already has - where can I get 3.
AND - Why are all the damn leads black? Power, scart, arial, everything. It's a nightmare unravelling them. Couldn't the powers that be get together and decide on black, grey, white or something. That's something the EU could usefully do.
Miss Fiddle I'm sure my parents found a freeview box that plugged into co-axial - ask at local electrial/tv shop (if you have one) or comet type place.

Today's plan for Ferretfingers and me is to get the bus to Whitley Bay Crem and walk along the beach to Cullercoats, preferably barefoot so we get a bit plodge along the way.

Yesterday Bazoukiboy came over to celebrate Thunderthighs' 18th birthday tea with us. 
As it was such a humid day I was wearing shorts (too hot for trousers too sticky for a skirt).
"You've got your legs out" says Bazoukiboy "I don't think I've actually seen your legs for years ..."
"You've not missed much" says Fester.
Who says chivalry is dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment