Wednesday 8 July 2020

Hypersensitivity & Anxiety

Two “On This Day” facebook threads that give a taste of life chez Chateau Midden.

8 July 2013 at 22:40 ·

Ferretfingers is hypersensitive to sound and can't bear music (at least any he's not chosen) especially classical. A trailer for The Apprentice has come on and he's just pleaded "Mute, mute - or my face will explode".

Sienna Pond God love him xx
FifiD Bless him. I agree with him totally!! Xx
Bentonbag To be fair I don't think it's just the autism - I could just imagine Bigsister saying something like that!
Tyle Bach oh bless him xx
Bess Cavalier Has the same effect in our house - I think it's the association between that piece of music and the thought of Alan Sugar pontificating!
Strawangel Sad and funny at the same time!  What an awesome description though!  You should jot all of these down Benton and write a book x
Bentonbag It sounds sad but it's so much better than when he was a tiny child and used to weep bitterly for no apparent reason (or at least none that was apparent to us).  The Prudential's "There may be trouble ahead" ad used to upset him terribly.  It came on the tv once when he was in the back garden and I looked out of the window to see him looking in with tears streaming at just the sight of it.  Our hearts get broken so often Strawangel you'd think we'd get used to it.
FifiD No words... Except we all love you for trying so hard xxx

8 July 2018 at 09:02 ·

Felix cat hasn't been home since yesterday teatime.   Thunderthighs is wandering around with a face like a smacked arse.  If he comes and stares at me as if I can do something about it once more I think I shall scream.            Living with somebody else's anxiety is really really hard.

Mrs Leftfoot You're all up early?
Bentonbag It's the heat!  Actually I'm up and Thunderthighs is up. Ferretfingers's still in bed and Fester is lying in a darkened room watching telly and wearing nothing but a small towel.
Mrs Leftfoot I'm speechless.
Bess Cavalier Our Freddie hasn't been coming home much in this heat either, not even for his 10.00pm slice of ham.  He's been staying out all night, shooting in for breakfast first thing, then out again.
Mrs Banjoman Benton - at least he has a towel.  Although I wish I could now mentally unsee this image...
Mrs Leftfoot Mrs Banjoman - Thank goodness.. I thought it was just me!
Mrs Poet it must be awful, Benton?  You have my sympathy as well as my undying admiration
Bentonbag Felix cat is back.  All is well in Chateau Midden.  Thunderthighs has decided he will go out after all. 😃 Teddy cat is looking through the back window and is not amused.
Henlady My cats are staying out too.  Titus didn’t come home for two days.       He had been at a neighbour's for snacks I discovered.  It’s the hot weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment