Monday 27 July 2020

Windows What!?!

Facebook post

27 July 2015 at 10:29 ·

And so the day starts with an email from Windows congratulating me for reserving Windows 10 and telling me they'll take care of the download and tell me when upgrade is ready to install.

I asked for none of this but I know who did.

Ferretfingers has clicked yes on a pop-up or similar.

Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of "What the hell did you do that for - cretin?",

wifely replies of "Don't you go off on one, you don't even know what a flaming app is"

and "I'll sort it out like I do with everything else".

Husband departs to Mining Institute with flea in ear.

Anyway after a phonecall with the lovely man at Monkseaton Computers I have (I hope) managed to cancel the reservation by right clicking on the little white icon that is now permanently on the bottom right task bar.

Now all we have to do is make sure Ferretfingers doesn't click on it again.

Anyone want to open a book on it?

 

Fester still thinks you have to have a cd to install a printer (or anything else) into a pc/laptop when I've told him numerous times that they're all plug and play via a usb. 

On the rare occasions he actually has his mobile on he has no idea how to read a text, let alone reply to or write one.

However he still feels entitled to have a tantrum when something goes amiss - which is his complete contribution to putting it right again!

No comments:

Post a Comment