Thursday 23 July 2020

Cu Wedding Anniversary

Today is our Copper Wedding Anniversary ( or Wool if you’re American).
Here are some events from the date.

Twenty years to the day that Fester's charm offensive finally succeeded we are married at North Shields Registry Office.

Neither of us wanted a big do.

Him because he hates ceremony and me because I didn't want to deal with the stress of a roomful of emotional people all thinking "I hope this one doesn't go and die on her"

or things to that effect.

Also, last week, Ferretfingers looked at me in the eye and said

"Sienna Pond will be looking after me on the wedding day".

He continued to look really anxious even after I said "No".

Then I realised why he was worried so I told him

"It will just be Mummy, Daddy, Ferretfingers, Thunderthighs, Mrs Quilt and Bazoukiboy. No people, no music, no fuss"

He's come up to me every day since, looked me in the eye and repeated

"No people, no music, no fuss" just to be sure.

So we all had a lovely day, and a lovely lunch at the Wooden Doll.

Thank you Mrs Quilt for the photos and video.

Fester is feeling quite smug because he's given me a card for our wedding anniversary, and I didn't get him one!
McChurch Benton, I have a secret network of agents who remind me when my wedding anniversary is coming up. Still don`t get it right every time.
Henlady My late husband had one which he kept in a drawer and brought it out each year- when we remembered our anniversary.

Post Script
Thunderthighs was a bit dubious about the whole deal, because he hates change.
I told no-one except the witnesses. 
Bazoukiboy because he'd been witness to our Christmas dinner exchange:
"We really should get married, it would make things a lot simpler if you dropped dead like your brother" "You arrange it and I'll turn up".
Mrs Quilt because I let slip we were thinking about it and the next time I saw her she said "I've started a wedding quilt for you", and was then sworn to secrecy.
It was a Tuesday morning, we all met outside the Registry Office, the staff noticed us and beckoned us in: not many weddings on a Tuesday morning. 
We went into the small ceremonial room.
I took my MP3 player, set it to record and put it on the desk.
When we were pronounced Husband and Wife, Ferretfingers burst out clapping which made us all smile. 
When I got home I emailed the MP3 file as an attachment to the siblings and Oldest Best Friend and posted an announcement card to everyone on our Christmas card list.
Mrs Leftfoot has still not forgiven me for not asking her to be a bridesmaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment