Sunday 26 July 2020

The Homemaker

Thunderthighs does a paper round every weekday morning.
We have a daily local paper delivered which has a property supplement on Saturdays.
Or at least it did until the present unpleasantness closed all the estate agents.
Fester informs me they will soon start printing it again.
This news does not fill me with unalloyed joy as the following Facebook post will explain.

26 July 2016

We are blessed with excellent next-door neighbours.

They are diligent and caring cat-minders when we are away, and generous payers when Thunderthighs returns the favour with their cats.

So my heart fell a little when I got this text yesterday morning.

"Does Thunderthighs deliver the Homemaker newspaper?"

Worrying that they may have got fed up with the noise and smell of the family I replied:

"No but we should still have the one that came with Saturday's Journal if you want it. Ferretfingers hoards them. We are out until tea time."

"Ah. In that case, does that explain the half-hundredweight of copies that are in our recycling bin? I assumed they'd been dumped by a delivery person."

"Yes it was a megameltdown & tantrum day and he'd already dug them out of our bin twice so I wz desper8. He's 2 idle 2 go all the way 2 your bin."

"Ha OK That explains everything. I couldn't work out if there were the surplus at the end of a delivery or something. You get to give the lad credit, they were in pristine condition 😀"

No comments:

Post a Comment