Wednesday 1 July 2020

Just us?

Facebook post 1 July 2014 at 09:40

Sunday lunchtime

Me, looking through Observer magazine, "Oh that's a nice dress ... and it's only £45" (clothes featured in the Observer being regularly extravagantly priced)

Him "Well it's nearly your birthday"

Me "It's three months until my birthday .... besides I know what I want for my birthday."

Him "What?"

Me "A hatchet ... and a fireguard"


Is it just us that has these sorts of conversation?
Bess Cavalier I'd go for the dress as a birthday present and buy my own hatchet!
Ms Exlibris I'd go for the dress as a birthday present and get him to buy the hatchet and fireguard for the household
Madame Fifi Get the frock Benton.
Mrs Jeremy Definitely go for the dress!  A hatchet and fireguard could be considered essential items and therefore should be bought by Fester regardless of your birthday!
***

I’m not sure whether it was on this occasion or another that I commented I would quite like the dress in the Observer but paying that much for a frock would be terribly extravagant.
“Extravagant!  You!  The last thing you are is extravagant.  You’re the only woman I know that has money for looking at purposes.”

May I remind you, gentle reader, that Fester is a Yorkshireman.

No comments:

Post a Comment