Monday 9 November 2020

Family Finance

For reasons entirely his own Fester keeps a series of ornamental tins on the kitchen table, into which he puts loose change.  He once told me it was because he wanted to know how much in any one coin each tin would hold.  Ferretfingers enjoys sorting the coins into money bags as appropriate.

From Facebook

9 November 2019 at 14:29 ·

As Fester is away Ferretfingers has raided his coin tins in the kitchen.

Yesterday afternoon he came into the living room with a Greggs bag of money bags and "Going to the Post Office!"

Tomorrow.

So this morning off up to the Post Office where he hands over the bags and pockets £60.

I noticed the Christmas stamps are in so am now fully stocked.

Then around the corner to the newsagents to get his papers.  

His father allows him to buy the Daily Heil, Scum and, sometimes, The St*r.   
Not on my watch:  it was the Mirror and the Chronicle. 
Ferretfingers hands over a £20 note and the newsagent starts giving him change.
To Ferretfingers change is a fiver or less so he gets out his change purse and removes 2 fivers to put the coins in.
The newsagent says "Do you want a £10 note for them?"
Ferretfingers proceeds to hand over 3 fivers and 5 pound coins and demands a twenty.

That's how finance goes in this family.

I think I may have a tenner in my purse, but I'm not sure.

MsPH He's got his head screwed on where money is concerned

Bentonbag Addendum.
Today we had our monthly trip to the Metro Centre.

When we got home Ferretfingers must have felt his change purse heavy because he took out 20 pound coins, brought them to me and said 
"Twenty pound note from Mummy's purse" 
(note I am Mum unless he wants something).
I told him I didn't have one, in fact I didn't think even had a tenner, and suggested he put the coins in "Daddy's tin".
So he brings me my handbag, I get out my purse and there is indeed a tenner.
 
My purse now has the same amount of money in it but is considerably heavier.
 
And no, they're not going in "Daddy's tin".

No comments:

Post a Comment