Tuesday 24 November 2020

When Fester's Away #1

Not from Facebook but from a letter to my friend Paula (RiP) about Friday 24th November 2018.  I used to write to her regularly in lieu of the chats over coffee we would have had if we’d lived closer to each other.  She liked to hear about the boys.

Fester is away this weekend with Conway in Birmingham; they are investigating possible pubs for a Haymarket Rapper (aka aged Kingsmen) in Shrewsbury.   

Before going he was mithering on about what the boys would have for tea and what rolls Thunderthighs would deign to eat fishfingers inside of.   

I said "Sausages."  
He said “But what will Ferretfingers have?” 
"Sausages!  I’m not daft enough to make two different meals even if you are.

So Thunderthighs and I cracked open the pack of 12 Richmond sausages and I microwaved a tin of spaghetti hoops and another of baked beans.  They had half a tin of each each.  Thunderthighs had 5 sausages, Ferretfingers 4 and me 3.  I had a sausage and fried onion sandwich.  They were a bit dubious about the ‘cheap’ beans but when I allowed them to add a sachet of KFC barbeque sauce they cleared their plates. 

Amazing what they’ll do when there’s not much choice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment