Thursday 5 November 2020

Under Pressure

The water-board have been digging up bits of the street, sending the water pressure down.

Yesterday I was woken by Thunderthighs avalanching down and up the stairs, the bedroom door flung open, banging against the wardrobe, and a huge sigh of 

“Typical!”
What?
“There’s no hot water” accusingly.
Then  “What does ‘E119 system under insufficient pressure’ mean?”
It means there’s not enough water pressure for the boiler to work.

Fester’s reasoning being “it’s your house, it’s your problem” I had to drag myself out of bed before 7 to fiddle with taps on the boiler’s undercarriage sufficient to bring the pressure back up again.

At least he knew how to find out what was wrong.

Goodness know what they’d have done if I wasn’t around.
Phone Will Fixit for instruction I suppose.
 

Last night, just before bath time, I heard a cry of “F*ck!”

then some conversation with his father.
At bedtime I enquired of Fester what had gone on …
‘Well,I head him shout “F*ck”
so I went and asked what was wrong and he said “F*ck!  I’ve got a beard.” 
So I told him it would be weird if at his age he didn’t.
Or rather he would be even weirder than he was if he didn’t.’

 

No comments:

Post a Comment