Sunday 29 November 2020

Star Patient

From Facebook archive and not for the squeamish …

29 November 2016 at 17:15 ·

Ferretfingers is a star.

At his annual medical last week our GP decided she wanted to have his blood screened for cholestoral, sugar etc because of his size.   

So we made an appointment with the practice nurse and this afternoon I put a whole tube of Emla numbing cream inside each elbow and covered them with plasters and cling film.   

Into the nurse.  

Mummy held his hand.   

He flinched a bit at the arm band, squeezed my hand as the needle went in, 

WATCHED AS THE BLOOD CAME OUT, 

and was generally marvellously compliant.

I on the other hand stared at the ceiling as the backs of my legs went all wobbly.

Please God she doesn't ask for Thunderthighs to have the same because that would be a nightmare!

Erica Well done Ferretfingers.

Sienna Pond Good lad Ferretfingers!! Xx
Cousin Daisy You are the bravest Ferretfingers ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘x
Mrs Lasagne Well done Ferretfingers ๐Ÿ‘ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ
KA OMG, well done both of you. I could never take my boys in for their injections...x
Bentonbag I have to - I have no choice - their father wouldn't know the way!
KA I used to let the nurse take my babies in...I was a weak mama. Good on you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment