Thursday 22 April 2021

Cold Caller Baiting #13 St George's Day

From Facebook archives
23 April 2014 at 23:15 
 
So, it being St George's Day, 
I decided to speak Welsh to the next Indian gentleman who rang to discuss government backed greed offers on new boilers, solar panels and insulation ("hello" being much the same in both languages bar the spelling).

 

And do you know what?

It didn't put him off his stride one little bit; he kept on with the script whatever I said.  

Even when I said (in Welsh) that I wasn't going to speak to him in English.

Try it in whatever non-English language you can speak - it's amusing if somewhat futile.

Darklady  I thought you were going to say he answered you in perfect Pontypridd! 

One of the first Indian men I met back in 1961was a Welsh speaker!
KA  Ringing your home must be a joy! lol.  Love your sense of humour.  I just keep saying to them (after being silent while they give out their spiel) "how did you get my number?"....they soon give up after telling me lies about the register etc....HATE those calls. mainly cos we don't qualify for anything
Bess Cavalier Cornish would really confuse them ...

No comments:

Post a Comment