Sunday 11 April 2021

Crossing The Towy

 


From Facebook archives and the little red book I always carry in my handbag.

11 April 2019

As soon as I discovered that Carmarthen Bay Ferries were offering trips to and from Ferryside and Llansteffan I knew we had to do it - and I wasn't disappointed

In my time I've paddled in it, tried to swim in it, floated in it and waded across it - but that was a lot higher up in Manordeilo. This is the first time I've sailed across the  River Towy.

Fester did his best Captain Birds Eye impression as we left Ferryside

 
I wrote this in my journal at the time:-
Sat on the sands at Llansteffan awaiting the ferry to Ferryside.   
All the beach to stand on and Fester choses to stand between me and the view.   
Thunderthighs is perturbed that we must wear life jackets: 
“They don’t do that on Caledonian MacBrayne!”  
 It didn’t help that the jackets were for average sized people with a strap under the crotch.

Unfortunately the Glansteffan can only take 10 people, and there were 11 of us waiting, so someone had to be left behind.

He was on the next ferry though.

Thunderthighs wasn't that bothered that his father was a castaway; 

he was much more interested in standing on the railway bridge watching the trains.

 No photo description available.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment