Tuesday 13 April 2021

Nowt Wrong Wi' Brid!

Due to family circumstances I’ve not travelled overseas since 1995.  My siblings on the other hand could be described as globetrotters.  When our parents were alive and in the care home, if they were all out of the country I was “in charge".  Mine was the number the home would ring “if anything happened.”  Thankfully nothing ever did.   

We were orphaned in 2011.
From Facebook archives

13 April 2014 at 17:54

Middle sister rings and tells me "Start of July you're in charge of the country again.   

We're in California, Bigbrother is in South Dakota and Bigsister in Melbourne.  

And by the way can I put you down as next of kin as the others will be out of the country?"
I pointed out to her that, as the baby, I was probably going to be around longer than her and the others and be last to go (but don't open a book on it) so yes she could.
Which all made me feel awfully old ...

13 May 2014 at 20:24 ·

Next month: Brother&wife are going to Canada and US to visit penpals; Bigsister&husband are going to Australia to visit Niece and coming back via Hong Kong; Middlesister&husband are going to California to celebrate their Silver Wedding Anniversary.
And where have I just booked a couple of half-term nights?
Bridlington

Hildie Flood  But .... don't forget, you're in charge of the country, while they're all away! 😊

Miss Fiddle  And you can feel smug about your carbon footprint!
Boatman  Go and see the coble Three Brothers and catch the Brid Fiddler aboard the Yorkshire Belle - and then tell you haven't been somewhere exotic!
Bentonbag  The main aim of the trip is to experience the East Yorkshire Round Robin train ticket: York-Scarborough-Hull-Selby-York.  Not sure I could stand any more glamour and exotica, but if I'm good Fester might let me drive us to Beverley and/or Hornsea.
Neice  You are welcome any time aunty!
Bentonbag  Oh I wish ....
Shipskitchen  Nought wrong with Brid!
Bentonbag  That's just what Middlesister said
June 2014 in Bridlington

 

No comments:

Post a Comment