Monday 5 April 2021

Daddy Needs Looking After


 From Facebook Archives

5 April 2017 at 08:41 ·

"We're going to Treegrass School tomorrow."

"No Ferretfingers, I'm going to Treegrass School to help at the Easter Fair."

"I'm staying home and looking after Daddy."

And my doesn't Daddy need looking after ....

On Friday I'm off to be a support driver for Northern Cross pilgrimage, the leg from Carlisle to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne; this will be the longest I've left the boys ever.

So last night "Can you leave your phone number somewhere I can get it easily?"

"It's on your phone."

"No somewhere I can just grab it, so if someone rings I can say 'she's not here' and give them your number."

Which begs a number of questions.

How hard is it to get his phone out and find the number?

Who is going to phone that he can't handle?

Why can't he just tell them to phone back in a fortnight?

How the heck am I supposed to deal with something whilst driving around the wilds of Wannie?

Why can't he write my number down off his own phone and put it somewhere prominent for himself?!

MrsPH  Cos you're his Mum and he's worried about you being out of reach so he's fussing. <B

Bentonbag  No - the phone number request was from Fester!
MrsPH  Aaahhhh!
Mr Monkshood  MrsPH was right Ben.  You're his Mum.
Mrs Leftfoot  Maybe we should ALL ring while you're away, and with challenging questions for him to deal with!
Mrs Poet  I am assembling a few- using Wittgenstein and Schopenhauer as sources.
 
Northern Cross, 2017, on the road from Chillingham to Belford, with Cheviot and Hegehope Hills.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment