Saturday 24 April 2021

Lovely Day

From Facebook Archives

24 April 2015 at 16:31

Lovely day today.

First thing to Treegrass School (where I'm still on the Parents & Friends Association despite Thunderthighs having left) for 'Fragrance Friday'.  

In exchange for not wearing uniform kids brought in smellies for the Summer Fair (Saturday 27th June).
So Mrs Bun,  Mrs Lasagne and I were there to fit the contents of bags of toiletries into the PTA cupboard.

I had intended taking begging letters around the shops (for stuff for the Fair) and then have lunch with Mrs Quilt, but they hadn't been run off.   

Instead I went around to see if Cousin Daisy was at home; which she was.  I'm glad I did because she was feeling low having just returned from a funeral, recovering from a chest infection and worrying that she can't afford to die for another five years as there's no money left to bury her with (she's 80).  Anyway we had a coffee and a laugh, and a phonecall/skype from FifiD, and both felt a lot better at the end of it.

Then I went over to Mrs Quilt's and gave her bits of driftwood for a Xmas thing she's making for her son's house (she plans ahead) and two dead laptops for her husband to take the hard-drives out of to make more data storage.  

Came away with loads of bits of wood from a trellis they'd taken down and two plant pots full of stuff for my garden.   
And had a long chat about family there too. 
And when I got home Fester had hoovered the stairs! 
And he's making chili and baked potatoes for tea.

Mrs Lasagne  That sounds lovely , I think the three musketeers have it all wrapped up, two lovely mums whose children have left Treegrass and a grandma, go Treegrass PTA xxx

Mrs Poet  Ah, you deserve it all, cariad!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment