Tuesday 5 October 2021

Cold Caller Baiting #15

Monday afternoon.

Phone rings.

Satellite delay…

Male Indian voice “Hello, is that Mrs Bentonbag?”

“Who are you?”

“I am Peter Sharman from the British Finance Department calling re the PPI money you have not received until now.”

“Ah ha?”

Silence for a few moments, then

“Are you still there Mrs Bentonbag?  Can you hear me?”

“Yes, I’m still here.  What PPI money?”

“The £4700 that has been owed to you will be paid by the FCA in the next month or two.”

“Oh yes.  What does FCA stand for?”

“The Financial Conduct Authority.”

“Right … and where does the Financial Conduct Authority get the money from?”

“Pardon me?”

“Where does the Financial Conduct Authority get the £4700 it is going to pay to me?  Where does that come from?”

“That comes from the Claim Management Company.”
“So where has the Claim Management Company got the money from, seeing as I have never made a PPI claim?”

“The deadline for making PPI claims is well past.”

“But I’ve never made a PPI claim, so where is the Claim Management Company getting the money to give to the Financial Conduct Authority for you to pass on to me?”

And there he was … gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment