Thursday 28 October 2021

Four From Fester


Seeing as this is another day with no useable Facebook posts in the archives I thought I’d seek out a few of Fester’s remarks that have not already made it into the blog.

These gems are all from 2009, the year Middlesister turned sixty and I joined the rest of the family for a celebratory birthday tea at The Ritz.

3 May 2009 at 09:14 ·

Fester's definition of BBCiplayer 
"Making the eminently missable unfortunately available."

1 November 2009 at 23:28 ·

Holiday quote from Fester "We must be going the right way because if we were heading towards Tenby the sea would be on the other side."

Woolerwoman  This comment reminds me of the many arguments I had with my ex about map reading and driving advice.  He seemed completely unable to watch both the road and the road signs or to take my advice from road map despite insisting that I read road map and give directions.  At least Fester's comments make sense.  
Oddly, my father and mother were also at odds about road directions and I have a nasty memory of being 8 yrs old and finding ourselves facing the Atlantic on the west coast of Clare with only sand sea and jetty between us and America.
Bentonbag  He navigates, I drive.  We have surprisingly few rows about navigation.  Loads about other things, including comments along the lines of "you could get a bus through there" from the provisional holding motor-biker.  
Another famous remark was coming home the picturesque route from Flamborough, "Oh Suchandsuch Hall, that's not where it's supposed to be."   
When we eventually found Stockton-on-Tees all the traffic was being diverted to the bridge. Thunderthighs said quietly "It's a long way home isn't it?" - he was about six.

14 December 2009 at 22:04 ·

Thunderthighs came avalanching downstairs this evening "I can feel my ribcage".
Fester says "I didn't find my ribcage until I was his age and got taller.  Mind you I was not as tall as he is at that age."
He's not as tall as him now.

14 December 2009 at 22:29
·

Have just been chatting with Fester about tea at the Ritz saying

"Well it's not the sort of thing I'm going to do again"

"Certainly not with me" says he.

Who says romance is dead?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment