Thursday 7 October 2021

Helping The Police

Our South facing bay window with tomatoes

I do my ironing near our South facing bay window.   
As well as being the warmest spot in the house, it is best place to view the television and I can see what is going on in our street.

From Facebook archives...

7 October 2015 at 20:46 ·

So there I was ironing yesterday afternoon and I see a police car drive past. 

Then a female police officer walks up to Flo's (RIP) house across the road, knocks at the door and stands waiting. 

I knew Flo's brother Richard and his wife Peggy are supposed to be moving in, but spend a lot of time in their bigger house at the end of the road, which they are selling. 

So I put on my shoes and pop across to suggest she try there.
"Thanks" she says "is this Castle Gardens?"
"No, this is Castle Grove, Castle Gardens is two streets over that way."
"Oh thank you for coming over, I've got an elderly gentleman with his door unlocked waiting for me."

Good thing she wasn't on a drugs bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment