Friday 8 October 2021

Towels

 

As a wedding gift Oldestbestfriend gave Phil and me monogrammed his and hers shower towels.  Like bath towels but with strips of Velcro to ensure they stay together as you move around.  I gave Phil’s away to a friend whose name started with P, but kept using mine until it wore out.  I’ve recently sewn strips of Velcro to my bath sheet and this morning was grateful that I had.

Most mornings I get up, clean my teeth, shower and then betowelled come into the office and unleash this blog into the webbiverse.  It is usually prepared the day before but October 8th being another of those days where Facebook archives hold nothing of interest, I thought I might check today’s Memories and possibly write something new about the York Coven.

 

At about ten past eight 8 Thunderthighs came in, checked on the cats and a few minutes later slammed the front door behind him as he left for his day’s work experience.  At 14 minutes past the phone rang.  The lass from Hextol trying to get hold of him because his supervisor had rung in with a migraine so there’d be no one to meet him and take him to the job.   

Like his father Thunderthighs only carries his mobile for outgoing calls so it is seldom switched on.

I dashed downstairs and bellowed his name into the street.

Nothing.

The lass from Hextol was trying to sort this out whilst taking her kids to school, so I rang off, got my car keys, jumped into the car and headed for the bus stop at FourLaneEnds.   

This involved turning right into the morning traffic so I was sat at the junction for some time. 

Naturally Thunderthighs was not at either bus stop in that direction.

Had I turned left to the other bus stop there's half a chance I'd have caught him.

So I returned home and, still in towel and turban (of course I’d washed my hair this morning) rang the Hextol lass to say I’d missed him.  She gave me directions to where he’d be waiting for his supervisor.  

I dressed, drove over and had a pleasant twenty minute wait in Nun’s Moor park until he arrived.

He immediately panicked, thinking I’d come to tell him the cats had died (which news would wait until he got home).

When we got back in he rang Hextol to say I’d got him.

I do wonder what the neighbours thought if they saw me leave, or arrive, in just two towels

 

No comments:

Post a Comment