Tuesday 7 December 2021

Cold Caller Baiting #17 Mind your own business

Yesterday morning, as I was sitting here fruitlessly going through the archives for something for today, the phone rang.
I picked up the receiver.
There was a satellite delay then a male African voice
"Hello, am I speaking to Miss Benton Bag?"
"Who are you?"
"I am David mam, and I am calling about your Microsoft computer."
"There's no such thing as a Microsoft computer.  Microsoft is a software system that operates a computer."
"That is correct mam, I am not calling about your brand of computer but about the Microsoft operating system.  Are you sitting in front of your computer right now?"
"It's none of your business where I'm sitting."
"What business are you in mam?"
"I'm not in any business, but it's none of your business what business I do either."

And there he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment