Monday 6 December 2021

Feeling Martyred?

 

The other day Fester unwisely commented 
“You wear your martyrdom well.”
This will, naturally, come back to bite him in the fullness of time.
But there are days when things get to me.
 
From Facebook archives …
 
was 😖 feeling frustrated.6 December 2017 at 17:02 ·

Poo!

The local authority leisure centre’s Accessible Trampolining session is moving to Thursday afternoons in the New Year.  
So Ferretfingers won't be able to go straight after Recycled Art, as he has been since September.  Thursday is his day at the day-centre.   
The thing is he loves trampolining and it's really good exercise for him (about the only exercise he gets) especially as he'll stay on for half an hour if allowed.  The instructor at the Parks knows him and has been really good at teaching him new moves.   
I shall have to see if I can get his day-centre day moved to Friday and his outreach worker/personal assistant’s half day moved to Thursday.  

So I suppose it's a good thing our 'enablement officer' hasn't got the care plan set in stone and signed off yet (we've only been working on it since February!).  

No sooner do you think you've got everything balanced some bugger shifts a plank.

Mrs Lasagne  If he loves it it should stay xxxx
Bentonbag  By the way Mrs L, I've knitted an experimental pair of Barbie knickers and will try to remember to bring them Monday.
Mrs Lasagne  The grand-daughter will be thrilled with them ! Haha xxxx
Drummerman  "I've knitted an experimental pair of Barbie knickers" - high up on the list of phrases I never expected to hear. (I don't actually have a list, and if I did I'd never I'd never have thought of that one).
Erica  Yes we’ve had to juggle again ! Change doesn’t go down well here either!
Woolerwoman  What a bugger. I hope you don't think leisure centres are there for your convenience and enjoyment!

Bentonbag commented on Hagrid’s post.6 December 2017 17:12

I wish I had a cupboard to call my own. 
I realised the other day there's nowhere in this house that is just mine.  
Both boys have a room of their own. 
For my sins I share a bed and room with the husband who, if he isn't there making noises like an asthmatic bronchitic pig in labour, is in the office or kitchen and has a wonderful capacity for standing exactly where he's going to be most in my way. 
Ferretfingers has colonised the living room and trained me to such an extent I wear headphones to watch tv even when he's gone for his bath. 
There's the garden and garage I suppose but they're both too bloody cold and wet this time of year.
Is there an emojii for feeling really hard done by?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment