Thursday 16 December 2021

Edible Items

 From Facebook archives, and personal memory…

16 December 2012 at 20:14

On the Quayside Market today the sweetie stall was selling chocolate high heels.

Which prompts two thoughts...

Do you eat them or wear them and have someone lick them off your feet?

Am I strange for finding the latter a more appealing idea?

Mr Oldestbestfriend  My mind is now full of other confectionery based ideas..
Bentonbag  Next time you see me ask me about being sent to buy edible knickers from Shabitat (oh weren't the 80s great!?!)
Mr Oldestbestfriend  Shaggy tat more like..and some of us are too young to remember
Bentonbag  I knew you were a toyboy but I didn't think Oldestbestfriend was a cradle snatcher ...
Mr Gobiron  In Amsterdam, the novelty chocolate items are sexually explicit.
Bentonbag  I've seen some sticks of rock at the seaside that leave little to the imagination
FifiD  Size 6 please!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


The Edible Knickers Story

From 1982 to 84 I worked as personal assistant to the media manager of an advertising agency.  We got along very well (and are now Facebook friends) and the office we shared was a friendly place where people often dropped in for a chat.  One of these was a female account executive, about my age, with an interesting love life and a huge desire to draw the man of her dreams into matrimony, whatever it took.
One day she came into the office, when my boss wasn’t there, and asked me if I was going into town at lunchtime and, if so, could I do her a favour.
“Certainly” I said before asking what she wanted.
At the time there was a shop which was a pun on a famous designer store, selling seconds and unusual items.
“Shabitat are selling edible knickers, and I think X might really like the idea.  Could you go and buy some for me?”

I was relatively innocent at the time but, nevertheless, off I trotted down to the Bigg Market and into the basement store.  I looked high and low with no success and eventually summoned up the courage to ask a matronly looking assistant.

“Oh we’ve sold out of them, but we do have some edible condoms.”
I obviously looked a little confused because she added, sotto voce, an encouraging 
“They are fruity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment